Summer is here! Just like Spring, the weather is great and the park is full of riders who are eager to jump onboard. Like every year we are ready for them, thanks again, to the hard work of the Track crew and the Gardening crew whose job it is to keep the trees and vegetation from engulfing the entire track. Hard work is what makes the trains run. The primary mission of our organization is the continued safe operation of the trains and the facility. Even the smallest jobs and tasks, performed on or before a run day, help us to achieve our mission goals. Each member should honestly ask them self these questions:
(It is important you answer the following questions HONESTLY!) If any of these questions make you angry, go to question #4
(1) “Am I a member of the S.C.L.S. just to be a member of another organization and just like to attend the meetings?If “YES”, go to question #4
(2) “Do I find myself in favor of cancelling S.C.L.S. events, such as public run days, for social reasons or because it conflicts with my other club’s social events?If “YES”, go to question #4
(3) “Do I really help with the track, gardening, or run day operations?If “YES” THANK YOU!” ; If “NO”, go to question #4
(4) “Why am I a member of a “Train Club” whose primary mission is to give train rides to the public?”
(5) Did you find more than two grammatical or spelling errors in this document? If “YES” go back to question #4, because your answers are probably:(1) “YES” (2) “YES” (3)“NO” (4) “???”
I would like to thank all of our loyal public riders for their continued support. The generous donations and kind words of thanks and encouragement are priceless to the members who give of their time and talents to keep all the trains running safely. Without your donations, we could not provide such a high level of service to the community. I invite all club members who wants to help out around the track to do so. If you are not sure what needs to be done, someone is at the track every Saturday around 10 or 11:00.A.M. Please volunteer for one or more of our working committees, by writing your name on the list posted on the bulletin board. There are always plenty of weeds to pull. We always welcome new members to our team. To find out how to become a member or just to learn more about our organization, please contact club members at the information tent, on run days, or come to one of our meetings which are held on the 3rd Saturday of each month at 10:30 A.M. Tim Brothers,SCLS President(310) 429-5428
Frequently asked questions:
Q- How can I get train rides for my party or special event at Wilson park?
A- Schedule your party or event on one of our scheduled public run days. On the day of your party contact us at the information tent and arrange a time for your party to ride on a special train. Donations are appreciated. (Please call (310) 618-5982 to schedule Park Pick-nick space with the Torrance Community Services Parks coordinator. Accommodations are limited).
Q- Can I have a private party or special train rides on a day other than a scheduled public run day?
A- At this time we are not able to host private parties to members of the general public. Please call to find out how to become a member of our organization or if we can help your organization with a special event.